Saturday, June 20, 2009

Compliment: Eyes

Who doesn't love compliments?
Everyone loves compliments, and usually people get the same compliment throughout.
Everytime I meet someone, I introduce myself as Honey, working on M.F.A. in graphic design, got my bachelor's in communication and psychology. For some reason or another it leads to how old are you, and I say 20, which concludes in a compliment of "your intelligent." I finished my undergrad in 2 years, which always leads to that compliment. As people know me better, another compliment I always get, "your very mature" (implying that I am very mature for my age). Along with that, I always recieve, "you are very nice" (the fact that I am always helping people, being caring, etc. etc.- part of my nature, nothing I do on purpose for fame)
All my compliments are along lines of nice, caring, compassionate, intelligent, motivated, ambitious, etc...
I think all those are normal qualities that I worked hard towards or is part of my maturity, nature.
One compliment that really makes me happy and I recieve a lot is, "you have the most gorgeous eyes" I have recieved compliments about my eyes from many people. Man and woman, have noticed my beautifule eyes. For the longest time, I thought "yeah, I am Indian, have dark brown, black eyes and so people think I have beautiful, gorgeous eyes"
The last 3 people out of the 30 people who have complimented on my eyes said, "your eyes are beautiful cause your soul is beautiful; eyes are windows to your soul, your soul must be so beautiful that it shines right through your eyes; the reflection in your eyes is from the reflection of your heart" People who have said this to me are people I baerly know. One was an old lady I met at a sweing machine shop. The most random people, along with friends and acquiantances have told me such things.
Out of many compliments I have recieved, these are probably the most valuable to me. Honestly, I am falttered by these compliments.

"The eyes indicate the antiquity of the soul." Ralph Waldo Emerson

"No eyes that have seen beauty ever lose their sight." Jean Toomer

"Weak eyes are fondest of glittering objects." Thomas Carlyle

"The eyes have one language everywhere." George Herbert

"The eye is the jewel of the body." Henry David Thoreau

"The eyes are mirror of soul" Proverd

No comments:

Post a Comment