Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Relationship with Self

At the core of all relationships is the most important relationship of all: the relationship to self. The more we know ourselves, give to ourselves and love ourselves, the more we can truly know and connect to others. If we can not give love, attention and caring to ourselves, how can we truly share these with others?
In order to heal our relationships with others, with god, or anything else we deem important, we need to nurture our relationship with our self. When we are filled with an abundance of self-affinity and self-esteem we see the world and others in it in a new light; one that supports us to create rewarding and fulfilling relationships.
Insights

* How would you rate the quality of your relationships to significant others (including the god of your heart) right now?
- I think I am constantly fighting with myself and others to make things better or perfect. I spoil people I love (family, friends) to an extent that they turn around and hurt me. Nothing in this world is worse than giving all you have to people you love and being blamed, abused, used, and neglected by them, whether it’s a family member, friend, or boyfriend. This impacts self-esteem and the personal mental and emotional being of an individual.

* What are the most important qualities and aspects that you enjoy in your relationships?
- Care (concern/attention), support, sharing, and enjoyment of company. This could be a long list idealized by society expectations. I on the other hand don’t believe there should be a list, care, support, love come naturally from the heart, so it’s pointless to give a list someone as if it was a grocery list and have them fulfill needs according to a checklist.

* How would you rate the quality of your relationship to yourself? What gets in the way of you having an even better relationship with yourself? What about with others?
- I think the quality of my relationship is poor. I never give myself the love, support, care and enjoyment that I give to others. It’s always other people I care about coming in the way of my relationship with myself. I already neglect myself for people I love, on top of that, they neglect me more.

Inspiration
* Tune into the pure essence of love and what that feels like. Turn up the volume and let this energy flow throughout your whole body down to a cellular level. Set your intention to release anything that gets in the way of you having this for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment