Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Choir Songs

I use to sing...
I was part of my school choir from when I was in 5th grade, until I was in 8- so about 4 years.
I really liked singing then. It was very fun. We would have concerts.... it was really nice...
I also played the violin at that time, except I started playing violin when I was in 4th grade and played until I was in 10th.
I was going through my stuff and found my choir songs lyrics.
Here are the songs from BDF choir in Iowa. These are amazing songs.
The ones I have composer copy to, I will paste later, but ones I don't have composer copy to and just lyrics I am noting below.

P.S. some of these just sound like poems now because I have forgoteen the tune.. the ones I haven't forgotten the tune are playing in my mind..

Snow
Oooo Out of the bosom of the air, out of the cloud-fold of her garment shaken (over the woodlands, brown and bare) over the harvest field for shaken (over the harvest field for shaken)
Oooo Silent and soft and slow de-sends the snow... de-sends the snow... Oooo Snow...

Cole's Song (know the tune)
I feel that the love around me has come from another world
I have lost love, I have found love
From the moment you were born
I could see a new beggining
Come to me, let me tell you how
How I've lost love, and how I've found love in a world of broken dreams
I was wrong- to deny your feelings
-and I'm sorry if I've caused you pain,
I was lost then, so confused then
I believe that world would change that.
There are broken hearts we can mend
Through the music we've learned to love again
Through the silence, through the years
from the moment you were born,
I have lost love, and now I've found you
Let me feel your heart, Let me hear your song
Hear__ Your___ Song___

The Bells (know the tune)
Hear the sledges with the bells silver bells,
what a world of merri; ment thier a melody fore-tells
how they tinkle tinkle tinkle in the icy- air of night
while the stars that over sprinkle
alll the heaven seem tinkle with crystal line delight
Keeping time time time in a sort of run-ic rhyme
To the tin-tin-a bu-la-tion so musically wells
From the bells bells bells bells, bells bells bells
From the jingling and the tinkinling of the bells.

Light a Candle (know the tune)
Light a candle hold a sign of hope in your hand
Light a candle let it shine across the land
The hour that seems the darkest turns quickly into day
Light a candle, let us show us the way___
Light a candle for a child who sleeps in the cold
Let your heart compassion and un-fold
A light will make the darkness seem easier to bare
Light a candle for the hope that we share
Let your light out shine your every fear
Hold it high, hold onto what is clear
Hold on to everything that you hold dear
Light a candle, let it shine from young and old
Light a candle let your heart compassion un-fold
A ray of hope for all of us
A simple silent prayer
Light a candle for the love that we share......

River Song (know the tune)
Shulea-ron away to the waters by the sea ita churning yearning river
You can cast your bur-dens there upon the glass just a skip of polished peebles
Dreamers... Lovers.. Listen.. Sweetly..
Let the waters wash away your tears______
Poets... Seekers.. Listen... Keenly..
Wonder not, your course is set by the God.....
Sing and Dance Do a reel to the tune of the babbling tale
Do you heal to the tune of the babbling tale
Let your heart be glad.
Let the song of the river take you away
Don't let the sun set on hearts of stone
Turn to the river of life
Wisdom of nature is true to god. Be it river or tree set you free
Go with the heart full of grace
Come now sing and dance do the reel to the tune of the babbling tale
Do you heal to the tune of the babbling tale
Let your hearts be glad, let the song of the rive take you away
Dance to the tune Sing to the moon
aye shule a-roon oh shule a-roon Let the river take- you.

When You Believe
Many nights we've prayed with no proof an-y-one could hear
In our hearts a hopeful song we barely understood
Now we are not afraid Al-though we know there is much to fear
We were moving mountain long be-fore we knew we could
There can be miracles, when you believe
Though hope is frail it's hard to kill
Who know what miracles you can achieve
When you believe, somehow you will, you will when you believe
In this time of fear when prayers so of ten proved in vain
Hope seemed like the summer birds too swiftly flown away
Yet, now I am standing here with heart so ful I can't explain
seeking faith and speaking words I never thought I'd say
There can be miracles, when you believe. Though hope is frail,
Its hard to kill, who knows what miracles you can achieve
When you believe some how you will you will when you believe
A shi- ra l' a- do nai ki ga oh ga oh
( I will sing gloriously)
Mic- charro- cha- ba- e- lim A do- nai Mi - cha- mo- cha
ne dar ba- ko- desh-
(I will sing to the lord, for he has triumphed)
Na- chi- tah- vchas- d- cha- an zu- ga- al- ta
(Who is like you, oh lord among teh celestial majesty in holiness)
A shir- ra- a shir- a shira a
There can be miracles when you believe though hope is frail
its hard to kill.....
Who know what miracles you can achieve when you believe
Some how you will ....... now you will, you will when you believe
You will when you believe....

No comments:

Post a Comment