Thursday, January 22, 2009

Threshold/Randomness

My life right now is at threshold.
I moved away from Seattle. My plan was/is to live in Boise for a while (less than a month) and then go to San Francisco.
I left Seattle cause my health was pretty bad, and no job (but 700 dollar rent) and alone there for no reason. I have changed my major from Phd in Psychology to Masters in Graphic Design.
I came to Boise to be with mom for a while, and get my health under control and look for jobs in San Francisco so I can have a good transition there.
I am going to San Francisco because my school is there (Academy of Art- MFA Graphic Design) and because I have to start a good work, go to school (possibly work there) and settle there for a while.
Last time I wrote a blog about this, I was in Seattle.
Partial quote:
I hate Boise, and I don't want to be there for long. I wish I get a job ASAP in San Francisco so I can move there and start there.
I have learned and changed a lot and I want to continue that and be happy as I am in San Francisco.
I know everything will eventually work out, sooner or later.
Time flies, and even if I am still in Boise after a month then the day I go to San Francisco will remind me that it is all over and time to move on.
Funny how that works. I spent three months in Boise dedicating all my energy to moving and being excited and hoping and waiting and expecting and I don't know where the 6 months I spent here went. Time flies. It will fly away in Boise, and it will fly away in San Francisco.
I want to be settled though. I understand there are uncertainties in life and you don't know where they are going to take you, but I really want to be settled where I am going to be.
Eventually, I had to go to San Francisco, so its best that I do it sooner and settle there since I have to do my 2 years of Master's there and most likely get a good job there.

Well, now I am in Boise, waiting for San Francisco. I always have and most likely always will hate Boise, but for now I am liking it. It feels like I am on vacation and though its my home, I feel like a guest, very welcomed guest.
I am addicted to cleaning. Mostly all day I try to find ways to clean everything and simplify.
I learned a lot about simplifying in Seattle; life, house, work, school, ideas, brain power, etc.....
I clean, study a little bit, look for few jobs, eat very well (my health is almost perfect) and relax.
For some reason, I am trying the least to get out of here, which I know I want to do fast, but I guess I am being patient.

I am very excited for school. I ordered my Adobe Suit and will get a laptop soon and have all that set up. Most of my books are in, and most of school materials are taken care of.
I just need to look for jobs in San Francisco ASAP and visit there soon so I can go and get ready to leave Boise.
I have a goal to get a 4.0 and top my Masters Program so I am working hard on preparing for that and focusing on doing great.

While I am in Boise, I am trying to figure myself out and analyzing what makes me a person.
There is a lot in my past, and more in present and a lot more in future. That will always be and will never change.

Things that really make me who I am.
- I am a young indian-american girl
- I obtained my bachelors degree at age of 19 in communication and psychology
- I am working on my masters in graphic design from a national ranked school
- I love dancing (hip hop, bollywood, salsa)
- I love drawing and painting ("my sketch book"- )
- I love reading (have collection of books, and bookstore are my favorite place to be)
- I am a clean freak. (organized, neat, simplified)
- Fashion for me in comfort and simple beauty (earrings, nice outfit, bracelet, heels, eyeliner)
- Volunteer work (i.e. AID Seattle and CEN from Seattle)
- I can't sleep without my Ipod music, mostly

These are few basic things about me that I deal with on daily basis.
There are lot more other things that make me who I am.

I am very ambitious and have dreams and goals in life.

But most importantly,
I love who I am, what made me who I am and what I do to continue growing as an individual.
I have no regrets about anything, even mistakes because they are the reason I learned and know better and I don't want to think "wish that never happened" because I would have never learned if that didn't happen.
No matter what, I am happy with whatever is and however it will be.
I have learned many important life lessons at young age and am very mature.
Though there are sparks of discouragement, I still am very optimistic and hopeful.
I am strong, yet naive.

No comments:

Post a Comment